Cadishead, shares much of its history with Irlam, a little village with fourteen houses grouped around a village green, the surrounding fields were blue, growing flax to supply the Warrington textile market.

Back in 1212, the first record showed that the whole of Cadishead (then called ‘Cadwalensate’) was rented from King John by one Gilbert Notton for the sum of four shillings a year.

Cadishead Moss was drained in 1852, owning up the land to farming but as with Irlam the opening of the railway and the Ship Canal saw industry begin to dominate