Located close to Victoria Station and originally built in 1837, the Corn Exchange re-opened as The Triangle in 2000, following a major refurbishment after the 1996 IRA bomb.
It was rebranded as Corn Exchange, Manchester in 2015 and is now home to a selection of bars and restaurants as well as a hotel.
The building in mid Victorian times would lay the foundation of what became an enormous trade and distribution of food stuffs in what was to become one of the largest exchanges in the world.
The area around it known as Hanging Ditch had already become by the 18th century the recognised market centre for food in Manchester - and prior to its erection, business was transacted in the streets and it was not unusual for merchants and others to be carrying on their business in the late hours.
In 1834 there was a meeting of merchants to devise a means whereby a buyers and sellers could meet together under favourable conditions
When it opened, there were 80 members and 110 stands and although these numbers declined during the Hungry 40's by the mid 50's the building was looking at making various enlargements.
Grocers joined in 1853 and by 1873 there were 184 subscribers and by the turn of the century that figure was nearly 700
In 1890 a new company was formed and set about buying the exchange and the adjoining property to build a new Manchester Corn exchange which opened its doors in 1902.
Badly damaged in the 1996 IRA bomb, it reopened as the Triangle, an elite shopping arcade but it never took off and the owners decided to turn the Grade II listed building ,into a home for a collection of the best new and independent casual dining restaurants and food retail outlets in the region.