The starting point of the Bridgewater Canal which took coal from the Duke’s coal mines to […]
The ancient village of Pen-hulton was little more than a cluster of cottages prior to the […]
First mentioned in 1142, this ancient village overlooking the Irwell, home of the Kersal Cell and […]
Situated on the East bank of the Irwell, its former manor house being owned by both […]
Deriving its name from the Celtic word for church and with its parish church dating back […]